If you are planning on visiting the 2015 Expo in Milan, then don’t miss out on the rest of this northern Italian city. And if you have time, head for Italy’s lakes too.
On the subject of the Expo, expect long queues to get in, some trouble finding toilets but don’t miss reportedly fascinating Pavilion Zero!
To help you get the most out of Milan whether you are visiting the Expo or not, I’ve compiled a top ten list of popular Milan travel guides from Amazon.com:
1. In first place, is Rick Steves’ Snapshot Milan & the Italian Lakes District which not only helps you get to know Milan, but will also help you discover the beautiful lakes which lie nearby. Rick Steves’ travel guides are highly regarded by readers.
There’s also a Kindle Edition of Rick Steves’ Snapshot Milan & the Italian Lakes District.
2. Next up is the Streetwise Milan Map – Laminated City Center Street Map of Milan, Italy. This map will help you find your way around Milan and, because it is laminated, it will survive Milan’s heavy rainfalls too. When it rains in Milan, it pours!. Hopefully, the waterproof nature of this map won’t be necessary but it could even be used as a makeshift umbrella.
3. The DK Eyewitness Travel Guide to Milan & the Lakes is popular but it’s about the same price as Rick Steves’ Milan guide and the laminated Streetwise Milan Map.
4. Popular and cheap too, but you’ll need a Kindle ebook reader or the Kindle app to get the most out of the Milan Travel Guide 2015: Essential Tourist Information, Maps & Photos (NEW EDITION).
5. Shorter than the 3rd placed DK Eyewitness Travel Guide to Milan & the Lakes, the Eyewitness Top 10 Milan & The Lakes travel guide contains 160 pages of information for Milan visitors.
6. From the evergreen Michelin travel guide stable comes the Michelin Must Sees Milan & Italian Lakes.
7. This Milan travel guide has been created especially for visitors to the Milan 2015 World’s Fair: Guide to the Expo In and Around the City.
8. If you want to discover the luxury side of Milan, then this is the travel guide for you: LUXE Milan (Luxe City Guides)
9. Fodor’s have been producing travel guides for almost as long as travel has existed and it has produced a 2015 edition of its Milan travel guide: Fodor’s Milan 25 Best (Full-color Travel Guide).
10. Another Milan guide for your Kindle – the Milan, Italy Unanchor Travel Guide – Milan Unknown: A 3-Day Tour Itinerary
You’ll find plenty more Milan travel guides here: Best Selling Milan Travel Guides
Compact PopOut Maps have been recommended by reader Silencer and for travellers who like to travel light, they do sound handy. Here’s the Milan PopOut Map. Here are more Pop Out Maps for other cities around the world as well as Italy.
If you do visit Milan, then please pop back here and let us all know how your visit went. Enjoy your trip!