Here is the May 2012 Italian coffee Top Ten compiled from Amazon.com.
As you will discover, Italian coffee roaster Lavazza is still dominating the Italian coffee top ten. Indeed Lavazza coffee now occupies nine of the ten spots. The last time I compiled this list, back in September 2011, Lavazza was in eight of the ten spots. Illy coffee occupied the other two spots.
Coffee roaster Illy appears to be losing a little ground (no pun intended!) to its Turn based coffee roasting Italian rival, Lavazza.
A New Number One
Lavazza Super Crema Espresso whole bean coffee has snatched the number one spot from Lavazza Crema e Gusto ground coffee.
It’s interesting to see that coffee drinkers are still happy to grind their own coffee, or else they have one of those clever coffee makers which does the grinding for them. Also interesting to see is that Lavazza’s Crema e Aroma coffee beans have made it into the Italian coffee top ten.
Another change is the appearance Lavazza Gran Cream coffee pods which have taken sixth spot away from illy Caffe Scura coffee pods.
Coffee pods are one of the most convenient ways to make a coffee quickly, and mean coffee drinkers can spend more time enjoying their coffee and not cleaning their coffee machines. This is good, is it not?
OK, on to the Italian coffee Top Ten list, the first of 2012.
The Italian Coffee Top Ten
September 2011 Italian coffee top ten ranking shown in brackets.
1. (2) Lavazza Super Crema Espresso Whole Bean Coffee, 2.2-Pound Bag
2. (1) Lavazza Crema e Gusto Ground Coffee, Italian , 8.8-Ounce Bricks (Pack of 4)
3. (3) Lavazza Caffe Espresso Ground Coffee, 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 4)
Stop reading, start speaking
Stop translating in your head and start speaking Italian for real with the only audio course that prompt you to speak.
4. (4) Lavazza Qualita Rossa, Caffe Ground Espresso, 8.8-Ounce Bricks (Pack of 4)
5. (New entry) Lavazza Crema e Aroma Coffee Beans, 2.2-Pound Bag
6. (New entry) Lavazza Gran Crema Espresso, Single Dose Pods (Pack of 150)
7. (5) Lavazza Qualita Oro Ground Coffee, 8.8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 4)
8. (6) illy Caffe Scura Coffee, Espresso, (Dark Roast, Black Band), 18-Count E.S.E. Pods (Pack of 2)
9. (4) Lavazza Qualita Rossa, Caffe Ground Espresso, 8.8-Ounce Brick
10. (7) Lavazza Qualita Oro Whole Bean Coffee, 8.8-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)
Well done to Lavazza for maintaining its Italian coffee top ten dominance.
What’s your favorite Italian coffee? Do you prefer ground coffee to whole beans, or are you a coffee pod person? If you have a moment, do me know via a comment.
All this writing about coffee has me wanting one! Time for a coffee.
The next Italian coffee top ten will come out in around six months time.
Italy Chronicles may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through the links in this article.