Maybe you are thinking about visiting romantic Rome in Italy this year. If so, it would come as no surprise. Italy’s Eternal city is well worth visiting as there is plenty to see too. Then there’s all that great Italian food, wine, and even beer, to sample.
If you are indeed thinking seeing Rome, you’ll need somewhere to stay. Indeed, you may well be looking for a good hotel in Rome. If so, here are ten of the most highly rated Rome hotels on TripAdvisor plus comments from former guests.
Let me add my own tip here: find a hotel in Rome with a rooftop bar. They are fabulous places to unwind after a hard day’s sightseeing. Hotel number 5 below has an awesome rooftop bar, by the way.
The May 2014 Rome Hotels Top Ten
1. Deko Rome – Here’s what one of the Deko’s guests had to say: “Everything you read about the Deko. Hotel is true! Marco and Serena provide the service of a 5 star hotel, but In an intimate, personalized, boutique hotel.”
2. Appia Antica Resort – Although it is not in central Rome, it’s a popular place stay. As one guest put it “…we were overwhelmed by how stunning this property and gardens really were the photos just don’t do it any justice”
3. Portrait Roma – A luxury boutique hotel which guests love. “My husband and I have stayed at the hotel 4 times now and we look forward to seeing the team and relaxing each time. We keep coming back.”, said one satisfied regular guest.
4. Villa Spalletti Trivelli Hotel – “Magnificent”, wrote one guest, who commented “We were met and greeted by the friendliest, and yet most discrete staff, who spirited our bags away from the taxi to our room, served us Prosecco in the garden.” A stunning looking hotel too.
5. Albergo del Senato Hotel – Well located and it has a rooftop bar! One satisfied guests comment was, “This is exactly where you want to stay—perfect location, reasonable price, great breakfast buffet included and an AWESOME rooftop bar“.
6. Hotel Santa Maria – an oasis in the midst of bustling Rome. One former guest commented, “What a delight! A gem of a place with easy to access to all of Rome, in the midst of the hustle-bustle of Trastvere, but a peaceful respite with helpful staff, tranquil surroundings, comfortable rooms and beautiful courtyards. Stay here. Seriously.”
7. Barocco Hotel – a guest noted that this is a “Small hotel in an excellent location. Staff were very helpful and friendly. All major sites within 5 mins walk.”
8. Palm Gallery Hotel – for “awesome” stays in Rome. Well appointed rooms, quiet location. “Literally the best hotel in Rome. Staff is so personable, friendly and helpful.”, commented one happy guest.
9. Hotel Golden – “Such a fantastic stay”, was one enthusiastic comment. Another guest summed up this Rome Hotel like this: “Located in a nice neighborhood, close enough to city, subway, and good restaraunts, but far enough out that it was quiet. Service was incredible, including very good reccomendations for nearby restaurants.”
10. Babuino 181 – “We stayed here for five nights during our honeymoon. What a fabulous place – excellent location in the heart of the city and within walking distance to almost everything.”, said one happy guest of this Rome hotel.
Have you stayed in one of these Rome hotels? Or would you like to recommend your own favourite, if so, leave a comment. On the other hand, if you are planning a Rome trip and you stay in one of Rome’s top ten best hotels, let us know about your stay.
Oh, and you might be interested in finding a good place for a pizza in Rome, if so, see this:
Featured Rome photograph by Di Mackey.
Note: Italy Chronicles may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through links in articles on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.