Soaps or soap operas are the bread and butter of the TV industry the world over. However, when I think about it I’ve known a good few ‘soap’ situations in my life. Here are a few of the more memorable ones:
- Friend goes out with another friend. Friend has an affair and is just about caught out. The person with whom she is having an affair makes a sharp exit from a downstairs window. Good comedy.
- Being told by a friend, that a close friend of good friend of mine is gay. Causing me to swerve on the motorway.
- Finding out that two friends of mine have split up. He has run off with a doctor’s wife and both were last seen heading into the sunset in an Austin Healey.
- Finding out that the girl I had, sort of, being going out with, was really deeply in love with a very good friend of mine. I took it like a man. Cried a bit, internally, and went to their fantastic wedding. I still like them both very much.
- Finding out a friend had had a one night stand and discovered she was expecting. Secret abortion takes place.
Stop reading, start speaking
Stop translating in your head and start speaking Italian for real with the only audio course that prompt you to speak.
There are others which involve me, but I’m not going to tell you about these ‘soap’ situations! Sorry.
Truth is often stranger than fiction. I know.