Ever wondered which books people read when they think about Italy? Well, one easy way to find out is to see what’s hot on Amazon. In this case, it’s Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk from which I’ve compiled a list of the best selling books on Italy. If you are stuck for Christmas present inspiration, then this post might be a gift to you.
Before you look at the complete list, try to guess which books on Italy people are reading.
Some may surprise you, as the Italian connection is not always that obvious.
Here are two top ten lists, which might become a Christmas gift list too. Interesting to see what’s popular in the USA compared to what interests UK readers too.
Top 10 Best Selling Italy Books on Amazon.com
4. Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy It Live La Bella Vita and Look Great, Too!
7. Rick Steves’ Italy 2011 with map
8. Blood Alone: A Billy Boyle World War II Mystery
9. Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy: A Feast of 175 Regional Recipes
Stop reading, start speaking
Stop translating in your head and start speaking Italian for real with the only audio course that prompt you to speak.
10. Rick Steves’ Italian Phrase Book and Dictionary
Top 10 Best Selling Italy Books on Amazon.co.uk
Some of the books may surprise you, as they don’t all appear to have an Italian connection – but they all do!
1. Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything
2. The Prince (Penguin Classics)
3. New York City (Lonely Planet City Guide)
5. If This Is a Man / The Truce
6. DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Rome: Great days out / Art / Shops / Hotels / Churches / Fountains / Maps / Walks / Museums / Restaurants / Palazzi
7. Frankenstein: Or, the Modern Prometheus (Penguin Classics)
8. Teach Us to Sit Still: A Sceptic’s Search for Health and Healing
9. Italy (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
10. The Aeneid (Penguin Classics)