After being notified by my hosting service, MediaTemple, that they were seeing surges in database load, I finally got round to working out what was causing the problem. It was, I think, one of my WordPress plugins – Archives By Category V2.0, that, for some reason unknown to this non-expert, has led to my being charged double for my disk space. I can’t really complain because I should have looked into the problem sooner.
Hopefully, I will be able to downgrade, ie half the cost of my disk space, if the problem does not arise once more. It should not because I have switched off the plugin. As a result, my ‘All Posts’ page, has now become my ‘Almost All Posts’ page. ‘Almost’, because the list of all posts is no longer generated automatically, but is simply generated once, and then the list has been copied and pasted into one single ‘static’ non-generated automatically HTML page. This means the all posts list will only be updated when I run the plugin again to update it. This I will try to do every month or so.
Stop reading, start speaking
Stop translating in your head and start speaking Italian for real with the only audio course that prompt you to speak.
I don’t think this will cause problems for you my dear readers, but, if you do find cause for complaint, then leave me a comment, or send me a message via the ‘Contact Me!’ page.
Thanks for reading!